Corrupted save file on Xbox

Tedster

I have been playing fallout 3 on my xbox for a couple of weeks and my character is pretty high. Suddenly the game wouldn't save and my only saves are corrupted. I cannot open my game. Is there a way to repair a corrupted save file? I don't want to start the game all over.

Do you have multiple saves outside of autosaves? Are all of your saves corrupted? While I haven't played Fallout 3 on my 360, my experience from other games is that corrupt saves can not be restored. Maybe someone has some ideas at the official Fallout 3 Xbox 360 forum that I don't. My only advice is for the future, which doesn't really help right now, but just create saves frequently & even back them up every once in while outside of your 360.

I only have 2 saves and both are corrupt. I am angry because now I have to start the game all over again and it took 2 weeks to get to where I was. I over-wrote the automatic save which just now I found out I shouldn't have done.

Fallout 3 is a pretty buggy game in general, but I haven't seen too many cases with saves failing on Xbox. bummer

MS should really incorporate cloud saving like what Sony did with the PS3...

I went ahead and ordered a new version of the game. I had a used copy. Hopefully I will have better results.

Back