TechSpot

Corrupted save file on Xbox

By Tedster
Mar 27, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I have been playing fallout 3 on my xbox for a couple of weeks and my character is pretty high. Suddenly the game wouldn't save and my only saves are corrupted. I cannot open my game. Is there a way to repair a corrupted save file? I don't want to start the game all over.

2. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

Do you have multiple saves outside of autosaves? Are all of your saves corrupted? While I haven't played Fallout 3 on my 360, my experience from other games is that corrupt saves can not be restored. Maybe someone has some ideas at the official Fallout 3 Xbox 360 forum that I don't. My only advice is for the future, which doesn't really help right now, but just create saves frequently & even back them up every once in while outside of your 360.

3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Topic Starter Posts: 6,000   +15

I only have 2 saves and both are corrupt. I am angry because now I have to start the game all over again and it took 2 weeks to get to where I was. I over-wrote the automatic save which just now I found out I shouldn't have done.

4. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 1,835

Fallout 3 is a pretty buggy game in general, but I haven't seen too many cases with saves failing on Xbox. bummer

MS should really incorporate cloud saving like what Sony did with the PS3...

5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Topic Starter Posts: 6,000   +15

I went ahead and ordered a new version of the game. I had a used copy. Hopefully I will have better results.