TechSpot

Corsair 850w ax850 Problem

By wastedkill
May 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Ok so I bought the corsair 850w ax850 from scan a few days ago and it doesn't work at all my pc doesn't boot up the motherboard "P8Z77-V PRO/THUNDERBOLT (LGA1155)" LED doesn't show to say its "alive" pc doesn't even start up not even a little flick on the fans, but my old PSU the one I was using on my old motherboard works fine as I am using the pc with it.

Now here's whats making me confused I tested the corsair PSU on a friends pc same thing didn't work but I RMAed it to scan and they said its been tested works fine... so is scan lying to me or is there a comparability issue or..?

Also a off-topic question I googled about adding a waterblock to my EVGA 660 would it invalid my warranty I got no answers so I am hoping someone here can shed light on the matter thanks :)
  2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,954   +901

I think you should RMA it to them and ask for a new one. Or try contacting Corsair, but they will probably tell you to RMA it to the place you bought it from. As for your 660, if you put a waterblock on it, it will void the warranty. I wouldnt bother waterblocking the 660. It isnt a very powerful card. I think you should only waterblock a 660Ti and up.
  3. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 1,166   +241

I rma it to scan as I said and shame for the 660 as I wanted to fully watercool my system.
  4. JC713

Yes, you RMAed it. But you have to ask for a new one.
  5. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 1,166   +241

Gonna call them up tomorrow and ask if I can get a replacement hope I can as if it doesn't work on my system or a friends then they have to right? the system clearly works as I am using it to type this but its using a old 460W PSU :/
  6. JC713

Yeah, if it doesnt work on both PCs, then it is broken.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.