Corsair, A-Data launch new SandForce-powered SSDs

By Matthew
May 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Corsair has launched its third-generation Force solid-state drives, delivering SATA 6Gb/s speeds to value-minded consumers. Powered by the same SandForce SF-2281 controller as OCZ's Vertex 3, the Force Series 3…

Read the whole story
  2. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] I'm a TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,257   +110

Using who's firmware?
  3. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 907   +36

Assuming the firmware isn't horrible, I might just get that 120GB Corsair. That's a great price considering the read/write speeds and what its intended competition is. I look forward to the review. =o
  4. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 430   +8

Sandforce 2200 or.....?
  5. SneekyGeaky

SneekyGeaky Newcomer, in training

Talk about price inflation...
  6. Who's firmware? I think they mean is it Corsairs or someone elses...

Looks good in theory. Let's see the benchmarks! Getting that sort of IOPS - would that be a firmware thing or hardware?
  7. Still way to pricey..Need to get down to at least $1 per GB..Plus I had a Vertex one and had problems...got rma with OCZ...now this one is doing the same thing....Think I'll stick with raid WD till SSD get priced better and better reliability.
  8. Guys, A-data does SSD for Corsair
  9. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 907   +36

man, I kinda want that 120GB Force 3 to hit Newegg soon, since I'll be building a new computer next week. D:

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.