TechSpot

Corsair debuts speedy 128GB flash drive

By Matthew
Aug 13, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Although Corsair isn\'t the first to offer a 128GB USB flash drive, they are claiming that their Flash Voyager is the world\'s fastest. They boast that their new drive makes use of a \"revolutionary design that employs a unique controller architecture\" and that it achieves SLC performance using MLC NAND flash memory.

Read the whole story
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

That is great. I have never had a lick of trouble with any of my Corsair flash drives. I expect this will be the same.
  3. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 632

Once the price goes down these things will be great. I'm looking more forward to SDHC cards this size though, I like to use portable storage that doesn't stick out the side.
  4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 970   +84

I kept my first 1GB Corsair in my pants pocket. It took a while but I eventually broke the solder connection between the USB adapter and the circuit board. I re-solderd the joints and didn't have a problem with it, until it was stolen! I've been waiting for a good replacement since then. Finally they've improved this product.
  5. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Maniac Posts: 388

ooh... 128gb... awesome. now to wait for it to not be the size of a mobile phone lol. Its only a matter of time before they are the size of current 4-8gb flash drives :D
  6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

hmmmmm seems too good to be true...... I'll defer judgement
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.