Corsair Force GT SSD and general SSD concerns

Sarmad

I'm thinking of taking the plunge to SSD, and this 120 GB Corsair Force looks like a good one to go for: Scan.co.uk: 120GB SSD Corsair Force Series GT SATA III - 6Gb/s Solid State Drive - CSSD-F120GBGT-BK.

Compaired to the OCZ Vertex 3 (both SSd's are indicated as "Hot Sellers" on the Scan.co.uk website), this Corsair has a higher read & write speeds and IOPS. Befoe I purchase it, does anyone know any cons against this drive?

Secondly, I heard many horror stories against SSD's and was told to steer clear of them because they're still in their early days, not very reliable and need to have their various issues fixed, so in the meantime it's best to stick with the trusted mechanical HD. I heard things about SSD's failing suddenly, slowing down over time, contents erasing mysteriously, and they need occasional rebuilding. Is any of this true, or are the stories referring to older generations of SSD and ALL of those issues are now fixed? A friend of mine bought an SSD/HD hybrid and one day that ereased all its contents, so he had to download some firmware to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks,

Sarmad.

Just be smart,
buy a faster lower capacity SSD say like 60GB. Install only the OS on this drive. On a separate regular hard drive keep your programs and important data... I have a 3 500GB hard drive RAID setup, a 420GB back up hard drive and 2 optical drives, all SATA. I don't have any more available SATA ports

Back