TechSpot

Corsair intros premium RAM kit for Phenom II

By Matthew
Jul 29, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corsair has introduced a new high-end DDR3 RAM kit “designed specifically” for socket AM3 Phenom II CPUs. At launch, the kit will be comprised of two 2GB modules, to make 4GB in total. Each is tested to run at a frequency of 1,600MHz with 6-6-6-18 1T timings at 1.65V.

Read the whole story

2. bl4cksh4d0w

bl4cksh4d0w TS Rookie Posts: 18

Seems like a waste... That is a lot of money to spend for only a 4GB kit, despite the performance.

3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,498   +306

True, but if your making a serious gaming AMD system, then this is for you!

4. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

I haven't even purchased a regular DDR3 kit yet...

5. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

Since the 'performance difference' is less than 2 FPS (even with incredibly high settings), it probably still isn't. It's just for bragging and benchmarking.

6. JudaZ

JudaZ TS Enthusiast Posts: 294

...seems pointless..

7. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

I'd agree with rick, its for the epeen only, The biggest reason to go for amd right now is price over performance, and they're trying to switch it over to performance before price, but miserably failing with this kit, its nothing many people will buy into.

8. bl4cksh4d0w

bl4cksh4d0w TS Rookie Posts: 18

If you can afford this kind of money for bragging rights, why not just build an I7 rig. Now I understand some guys just won’t buy Intel, because there AMD to the core. I personally always used AMD, but I started using Intel when they released C2D's. I am not going to waste my money even if I have the money to spend for bragging rights, and most others won’t.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.