Corsair issues recall for 120GB Force Series 3 SSDs

By Jos
Jun 8, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Less than a month since debuting its third-generation Force solid-state drive series, Corsair has issued a recall of the 120GB variant due to firmware and hardware problems with that specific…

Read the whole story
  2. Zecias

Zecias TechSpot Booster Posts: 202

BSOD screens : a bit redundant don't you think?
  3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,273   +258

Not any more than NT Technology my friend ;)
  4. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,044   +37

Youre the only one who has said "BSOD screens." So, what is your point, it is.

If you look in the article all it said was "BSOD errors" which is still.. eh, whatever.. I'll let it slide.
  5. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 804   +201

And all the people that dissed OCZ over Crucial just swallowed their foot.
  6. The original Force series was a disaster too. Corsair is bad about rushing the first launch of a new SSD series. In the case of the original Force drives, it was pre-release firmware.

Back when the Force series first launched, I got a 60GB Force for my Precision 390 at work. Like many others in their support forum, I would get daily BSOD followed by the drive not being detected by the BIOS. Soft resets didn't do anything, you had to fully power off the machine and turn it back on the the drive to start up again. This happened daily for me and hundreds of others daily until a new firmware was released after about 3 or 4 months. Then the BSOD's stopped altogether after flashing the new firmware.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.