Corsair launches range-topping Force Series GS SSDs

Jos

Staff

Corsair has added a new member to its Force family of solid-state drives. The Force Series GS combines the current-generation SF-2281 controller with Toggle DDR NAND to create its fastest SSD yet, achieving maximum random 4k write performance of up to 90K IOPS.

The Force Series GS SSDs features SATA 6Gb/s connectivity, TRIM support to maintain performance over time, and low power operation for longer battery life in notebooks. The 2.5-inch form factor drives also ship with a 3.5-inch adapter so they can be easily installed into notebooks or desktop PCs.

There are four capacities available, including 180GB, 240GB, 360GB, and 480GB ranging in price from $189.99 to $489.99 depending on capacity. Performance also varies by model as detailed by Corsair:

• 180GB: 555MB/s read, 525MB/s write, 90,000 Max Random 4k Write IOPS
  • 240GB: 555MB/s read, 525MB/s write, 90,000 Max Random 4k Write IOPS
  • 360GB: 555MB/s read, 530MB/s write, 50,000 Max Random 4k Write IOPS
  • 480GB: 540MB/s read, 455MB/s write, 50,000 Max Random 4k Write IOPS

Corsair ran the 240GB model though some tests and posted the results in its blog — they fare quite well as you’d expect. The new Force GS drives include a 3-year limited warranty and will be available immediately from online retailers. Newegg has the 180GB and 360GB versions listed for $175 and $320, respectively.

Permalink to story.

I will be interested to see how these compare to the Force Series GT.. Newegg/Amazon have a nice sale going for the Force Series GT atm that looks tempting but I suspect it is only because the new model just came out.

Also interested in how these fare against the Vertex 4

Nice IOPS for the smaller drives. Looks promising. Incompressible data perf vs the Vertex 4 I'm interested in.

Where did you come up with that controller SF-2281 on the GS series?;) Where their website and others say SF-2200. Newer is usually better.Just wondering about the updated Version of controller. Plus this GS series seems pretty fast on paper.Toggle nand (hardware)feature to add even more speed..

:cool:

Curses! I bought a GT 120 a week and a half ago... this what usually happens to me.

Also, they keep releaseing faster models but they dont seem to leave the 555 Read and ~505 Write for the higher end drives. That is what I was assuming is the baseline speed measurement.

Is there another factor that makes a large difference in performance?

Back