TechSpot

Corsair launches range-topping Force Series GS SSDs

By Jos
Jul 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Corsair has added a new member to its Force family of solid-state drives. The Force Series GS combines the current-generation SF-2281 controller with Toggle DDR NAND to create its fastest SSD yet, achieving maximum random 4k write performance of up……

Read more

2. Docnoq

Docnoq TS Booster Posts: 143

I will be interested to see how these compare to the Force Series GT.. Newegg/Amazon have a nice sale going for the Force Series GT atm that looks tempting but I suspect it is only because the new model just came out.

Also interested in how these fare against the Vertex 4

3. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,585   +364

Nice IOPS for the smaller drives. Looks promising. Incompressible data perf vs the Vertex 4 I'm interested in.

4. Where did you come up with that controller SF-2281 on the GS series?;) Where their website and others say SF-2200. Newer is usually better.Just wondering about the updated Version of controller. Plus this GS series seems pretty fast on paper.Toggle nand (hardware)feature to add even more speed..

:cool:

5. avioza

avioza TS Enthusiast Posts: 74   +23

Curses! I bought a GT 120 a week and a half ago... this what usually happens to me.

6. avioza

avioza TS Enthusiast Posts: 74   +23

Also, they keep releaseing faster models but they dont seem to leave the 555 Read and ~505 Write for the higher end drives. That is what I was assuming is the baseline speed measurement.

Is there another factor that makes a large difference in performance?