Corsair showcases second gen Vengeance gaming peripherals

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Corsair has unveiled several second generation Vengeance gaming peripherals including the Vengeance K95 Mechanical Keyboard, an update to the original K90 announced at last year’s CES. The revised board is said to make up for some of the shortcoming found on the K90, such as a mix of mechanical and membrane keys.

The Vengeance K95 features a black anodized brushed aluminum chassis with Cherry MX Red switches throughout – no oddball membrane keys this time, we’re told.  In addition to the standard array of keys, there are also 18 dedicated macro keys on the left side of the board and buttons to control media across the top.

corsair vengeance ces

The board also features an improved lighting system where each key is now individually backlit with four different levels of intensity, albeit only in white. Macros and lighting profiles are stored in onboard flash memory. Additionally, the K95 features 20-key rollover and a 1ms reporting rate. Look for this board to hit retail sometime early this spring for $149.99.

corsair vengeance ces

Also new for 2013 are the Vengeance M95 and M65 gaming mice which both include an ergonomic aluminum unibody chassis and an Avago Technologies ADNS-9800 LaserStream gaming sensor. Corsair says this 8200 DPI sensor provides a 30 percent boost in tracking resolution compared to previous generation mice.

The pointers also use high-precision button switches, on-the-fly resolution switching, programmable lift detection, a high-mass scroll wheel and PTFE glide pads, just to name a few features. Both mice will be available this month for $79.99 and $69.99, respectively.

Permalink to story.

HA HA captainawesome was complaining in the Roccat Ryos MK Pro keyboard article that there were no good backlit mechanical keyboards with decent standalone media keys. So seeing this keyboard is somewhat hilarious and alluring at the same time. Though, maybe they are not big enough?

Kind of liked the silver aluminium finish on the original K90 better, the all-black styling just makes it look like all the other mechanical keyboards out there.

As a hardcore gamer I can say that cherry mx reds and blacks are garbage. Stick with blues or browns. My favorites are browns. The tactical sound from the blues is totally unnecessary and only aggravates the people around you. And in my opinion, the O-Rings on the keys are a must. Cherry MX brown, with O-Rings FTW! Check out My custom LED cherry MX brown keyboard:
nighthawk_x8.jpg

Maybe you like them but then again not everybody is you. It's a strange twist of nature that people tend to use what they're most comfortable with.

HA HA captainawesome was complaining in the Roccat Ryos MK Pro keyboard article that there were no good backlit mechanical keyboards with decent standalone media keys. So seeing this keyboard is somewhat hilarious and alluring at the same time. Though, maybe they are not big enough?
Yep & it has dedicated multimedia keys. It's sure to tickle him pink.
I'm somewhat disappointed that Corsair still persist with their "sandpaper" side grips on the M65 instead of a rubberized finish. I switched to the M60 after My Kone finally cashed it in after 3 yrs of abuse but I went through 2 M60's in 3 months due to the side grips wearing smooth but apart from that (and the tiny back & forward browser buttons) it was a fairly decent mouse. To Corsair's credit they did RMA it very quickly but I'll stick with my Kone Pure. I love it.

Ah yes, a white mouse. After a month or two it will be stained brown and orange from hand grime and Cheeto dust. There's a reason most things your hand go on aren't white or gray anymore.

On the flipside, that keyboard is really tempting and I'll probably pick it up. I'm at CES right now and I'll keep an eye out for the booth. Hopefully you can get a hands on.

Back