Could anyone recommend a graphics card?

TurkishDelight

Hi.

I really want to play a game on my pc shogun 2 but I don't have a graphics card that will run this game. So please could anyone recommend me a a graphics card that will run shogun 2 smoothly and under £100. My PC's specifications are as follows:

Dell inspiron 530
Windows vista home premium
3.00GB RAM
Intel core 2 duo 2.20GHz
32-bit OS

I will be grateful for any recommendations or advice.

Thank you.

Found this AMD Radeon 6850 for ~£100. This is probably the best bang for the buck at this price segment.

You might however consider getting a better power supply, as the minimum PSU requirement is 500W for that GPU.
According to this your PC has a 300W PSU.

Here's a good PSU for ~£60.
Alternatively, any no-name 600W PSU should suffice, but I don't recommend that.

Thanks for that really appreciate it. But I think that it might be a bit too much as I don't want to pay more than I have to. Also I upgraded my PSU a couple of days ago to 500W (cool master). I am not looking to play games such as battlefield 3 or fifa 12 as I have my xbox for that. I just need a decent card that will run shogun 2 smoothly. If there is any other recommendations you could make I will be very grateful.

Thank you.

A friend of mine has an Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM and a nVidia GTS250, and he had absolutely no problems playing the game with me on MP.

While you have a slightly slower CPU than him, that shouldn't make much of a difference.
GPU-wise, the Radeon HD 6670 is ~2x better than his GPU.
Also, your extra gig of RAM should come in handy during extended gaming sessions.

Besides that, it will lag a bit during heavy land battles (especially if you zoom in) since the game recommends a quad core CPU, but nothing game-breaking.

Oh wow that's great. So what card would be better. The one that he has or that one you've recommended me?

Also I found what I think is exactly the same card as what you've recommended but cheaper. But I can't post a link yet as I need to post more before I can post a URL.

Here is that card that I was talking about earlier that looks exactly the same as the one that you recommended but cheaper. Could you check that it really is the exact same.

Thank you.

Thanks a lot. As soon as I get the rest of the money together it's going to be ordered. Finally going to be able to play the game instead of watching a ton of videos.

Thanks a lot much appreciated.

Back