Could my Radeon x1650 Pro be fried?

Hi,

Sometime last year, I've purchased an ATI Radeon X1650 Pro graphics card. It was working fine until I was playing some game a few days ago, and my computer froze.. My computer kept freezing every time I boot up. Sometimes, it froze on the Windows XP splash screen, sometimes it froze on the login screen, so it kept freezing at random occasions. I'd blamed the memory for the issue, but I found out it was the video card.

But now, the computer won't start at all. 10 seconds upon booting up (no beep, the monitor doesn't even turn on) the video card shuts down (the fan stops working, etc). What could be the problem?

Without the video card, there is no freezing and there is a beep upon booting. I've also tried with other 2 video cards, and there was no problems.

I could really use the help please, thanks.

The video card is an ATI Radeon X1650 Pro.

Specs:

ASUS P5VDC-MX (Motherboard)
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Operating System)
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (Processor)
Sound Blaster 24-Bit Audigy (Sound Device)
1 GB of RAM (Memory, used to be 2 GB but I kept blaming the memory for the crashing)

So return the card and get one that works... Did you connect the power supply to the video card? The power supply could be too small in wattage to run the card

I believe it is the time your motherboard might be dieing, Or your Power supply is getting old
How much is your PSU?

What type of RAM you are currently using?

Back