TechSpot

Could not start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service on Loc

By Khyati
Jun 1, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Friends,

I have my Sony VAIO - VGN-A5175 - with windows XP home edition.
    From several days, can not connect with my wireless internet. Other computers can connect , but not mine. So not the problem of router. Also tried Wireless USB, but not working at all.

- I can see its connected to the internet, but nothing is opening.

- Msg appears when trying to check windows firewall "Could not start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service on Local Computer.Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified."

- Tried to download Superantispyware - but Can not download even from the DISC. I had AS Antihacker - antivirus - Scan whole computer with it - no threat found.

- Can not download anything at all... Also tried to copy in my DVD - for back up - not working as well.

Please help me, My knowledge about all these is quiet basic. I tried my best to explain u, If you could help me, friends ...

Thank you in advance.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.