Could someone analyze this minidump for me?

ussyless

Bsod 0x000000be problem <SOLVED>

Hey, so I've recently been getting a bsod on start-up, whether in normal mode, or safe mode.
I was able to kinda cheaply patch it up by copying the repair system registry hive into my active hive files (after backing up the old one) I did it via puppy linux
now with the change, some of my drivers no longer work and I was hoping to repair my old registry and begin using it again
im glad that this is just a registry problem and not a corrupted hard drive, I couldent really find much help on this stop code so I had to improvise

the stop code was 0x000000be, attached is the minidump file, please analyze it using that utility (I cant figure it out myself) and post the resaults and mabey a recommendation

OK thanks for everyones help, this is solved now, ill document how I fixed it and bump this topic when im done in a few days

Attachments

• Mini060210-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
Its a 0xD1 (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) error, an attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses.

In your case the drive cited as being the cause is 'viahduaa.sys' i.e. Via HD Audio Driver (released in May 08).

I suggest you uninstall the currently installed driver, run Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro (Free versions easily available on net); then install it, and clean any left over files. Once, you have done that, download latest driver available for your via sound solution, and install it. Also if you have more minidumps it would be prudent to upload them to see whether there are other issues with this machine. Good luck and Regards.

0xD1 errors are usually caused by faulty drivers. In your case it is the driver viahduaa.sys which is a VIA High Definition Audio Function Driver for your onboard sound.

Was this system built by you or did you buy it from the likes of Dell, etc.?

very very sorry, that was the wrong minidump file, ill upload the correct one in just a second
and i built this system myself, i dont trust the big companys.. especially acer

The second minidump you've posted points at nVidia driver (nv4_disp.dll), time stamp on this one drive is Jul 27, 2008, which is pretty old, please uninstall it according to instructions given in my previous post, and download and install newest WHQL version supporting your graphic card.

Ok archean thanks for the help, ill let you know how it goes, mind you im not sure how i'll uninstall it , since i would need the old registrys, preventing me from booting active for it to be uninstalled correctly, or would i just have to find all references to nv4_dsp.dll and manually remove them from the registry before i uninstall it?
and route44, i updated the first file so new readers wouldent get too confused

I would rather install the newer driver right away in your situation, without uninstalling the older one. Once it is installed, reboot, and uninstall it again. Run Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro to clean out your system of nvidia driver's any remaining files.

Then reboot, and reinstall.

@Route
Hey man, hope all is well at your side, I'll appreciate your comments on this one.

so... install new driver with current registry, turn off computer and boot in linux, swap new registry with old one, boot into windows and uninstall it and clean out all the traces of it, and install again... you sure about this O_O

No, that is not what I said.

What I meant was:

1. Install new drivers in windows right away without doing anything else.
2. Then reboot your system
3. Once it is rebooted, uninstall nVidia drivers
4. Run Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro to clean the system of any remaining driver files
5. Reboot again
6. Reinstall latest nVidia driver.

Do not replace the registry with anything for now. Thanks

erh, let me try to explain a little more
a few days ago, i shut down my computer, and restarted it, when it got to the windows logo i got a bsod (0x000000be like i said in title) i tried to start into safe mode, i got a bsod from that too, i booted up into puppy linux to try and solve the problem, and i started by narrowing down what was wrong with it, after replacing my registry hives with the repair hives ( hives that were made right after windows install, completely clean) i was able to start up, but i didnt have my own profile, i lost my background and none of my programs that required a serial would start anymore, also my drivers didnt start up when i turned on the computer ( the screen didnt refresh very fast, so i knew the graphics driver wasnt working)
also, my graphics tablet driver and sound driver didnt start either
this at least told me that the registry was causing the problems
so i went back into puppy linux and changed my registry hives back, then i tested each hive ( changing them one at a time to the clean hives, and rebooting) and when i had replaced the system hive with the clean one, i was able to boot up, i know this will probably lead to some registry problems but i didnt really have anything to lose, especially since it was all backed up
anyway, i logged on and i had my own account back, my desktop and whatnot, but the drivers were still out due to the clean system hive

and now that you have analyzed my minidump i know there was a problem with my graphics driver that caused the bluescreen of death, now i dont want to keep the clean system hive, but repair the old one ( or repair the driver) so all my old drivers and software work correctly again
now the problem with your advice is

the new hive hasnt got the entries from the old driver, uninstalling it wouldent remove the entries from the old registry hive, and installing the new driver to the clean hive would only make it work correctly untill i swap the hives back
and i cant start the computer up with the old system hive untill i fix the driver on it

gosh im not sure if that explained anything at all, do you mabey know an irc channel we could meet on and talk live? or via aim or something to try and work this out

the new hive hasnt got the entries from the old driver, uninstalling it wouldent remove the entries from the old registry hive, and installing the new driver to the clean hive would only make it work correctly untill i swap the hives back

You can update the old hive to reflect drive updation after comparing it with the existing one.

Or you can simply update/fix your older registry hives first, swap the hives back, and then install the newer driver.

Back