TechSpot

Counter-Strike comeback set for early 2012

By Julio Franco
Aug 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. It’s been a long while since Valve launched the remake of the original Counter-Strike using the Source engine in 2004. Then last Friday, out of nowhere, the prolific game publisher…

Read the whole story
  2. 1977TA

1977TA TS Rookie Posts: 90

CS:S has been one of the only games that I can recall not playing for a year or so and then pick it back up for a few months. Can't wait to see more details on CS:GO
  3. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 968   +99

So far it sounds good, read few reviews which were published by the "pros" and they praised it alot. Only thing I am worried is that it will be catered to consoles which may ruin the whole CS imho..
  4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 970   +84

This brings back good memories. I'd love to see what they can do with it now.
  5. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Still nothing about episode three... Why Valve, why?!

Still though, this are great news. I love CS. Hopefully they don't focus on the consoles like they did with Portal 2...
  6. Timonius

Timonius TS Booster Posts: 582   +32

great news. I just hope HL2: episode 3 doesn't go the way of Duke Nukem Forever! ;p
  7. BlindObject

BlindObject TS Rookie Posts: 446

YESSS. Extremely excited. I'd pre-order if I could. :D
  8. "Next-gen consoles"? None of that technology can even compete with the hardware that's being produced these days. I'm just saying that there's no point in glorifying our current generation of consoles as being something they're not.
  9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,496   +304

I cry every night, I am SERIOUSLY pissed they haven't announced anything yet. Stop making everything and anything, drop everything and start full steam on Episode 3 PLEASE!

Agreed, I don't like the fact that the menu is all consolised and that the lighting in all of the ending rooms are fake and reflect onto your own gun and characters, sucks big time.
  10. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,551   +97

Spent far too much time (often when I should be sleeping) planting/defusing the bomb.
    Looking forward to seeing what can be done to bring CS up to date with modern shooters without spoiling the original.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.