Counter-Strike Freezing/Looping help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I have been playing Counter-Strike Source(CSS) for about one year on my CURRENT PC and have had no problems what so ever. It's only just recently i am experiencing crashes, Counter-Strike is freezing and a sound is looping. This happens as soon as i connect to the server (where you select sides). The only way to get rid of this is to press Cntrl>Alt+Delete and end the gl2 task..

I even uninstalled Steam completely so that also deleted all the Counter-Strike files/game caches and then i reinstalled it(4gig) and still get same problem.. completely lost!

Any help would be greatly appreciated (eg configs, Graphics, Resolution, Refresh Rate, Command etc.), i am on my school holidays and wanna get back into gaming.

ACPIx86-based PC
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Thermaltake 430W Power Supply
ST3160215A ATA Device
Manufacturer: ECS
Model: 662/1066T-M2
Total Physical Memory: 2,046MB
Processor Model: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.40GHz
Number of Cores: 2
Norton 360 if that helps ..

EDIT
It froze then unfroze and i managed to get these weird sentences from CONSOLE

SetConVar: No such cvar ( rcon_lock set to 1.5), skipping
SetConVar: No such cvar ( setcash_ver set to 1.3), skipping
SetConVar: No such cvar ( ResetRank set to 1.0 eng), skipping
SetConVar: No such cvar ( es_corelib_ver set to 2.0.0.250i), skipping
SetConVar: No such cvar ( mani_nextmap set to blood_assault_bw), skipping
SetConVar: No such cvar ( mani_tickrate set to 66), skipping
Got pure server whitelist: sv_pure = 2.
CAsyncWavDataCache: 0 .wavs total 0 bytes, 0.00 % of capacity
Begin loading faces (loads materials)
End loading faces (loads materials)
Initializing renderer...
Unable to initialize DirectSoundCapture. You won't be able to speak to other players.

Kind Regards,
Anthony.

Try updating your sound drivers. You should be able to do this through your manufacturers website.

I done this already and had no luck and just in case if it was my sound i ended up buying a new Creative sound card.

i disabled my old Realtek 97'Audio but Steam help are saying i need to disable it in my BIOS. how do i do that? Or is it really necessary?

i am currently reading this tweak guide and it says that you shouldn't download a driver for your gfx card when you haven't already uninstalled it, i thought you could override it so im going to remove all gfx drivers and re-install them and ill post the results..

EDIT:
i think this done the trick along with a full scan (Norton 360) and it caught some Bloodhound trojan thing and it said it was affecting performance and stability etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back