Counter Strike: Source issue

By icepeak123
Aug 20, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, Im new here on techspot. Im very laggy on css, every 5 sec I get a microlag but then I actually walk slow, like when you hold SHIFT.

I made a video about it on xfire, but it looks like I cant post links in this forum, pm me and I'll send it..

Please help me out!

I should tell you that I have no network problem or fps problem.
  2. Ultiweap

Ultiweap TS Enthusiast Posts: 606

What is your internet connection? What is your graphic card also? Last question do you get the same problem when playing offline?
  3. Knil

Knil TS Rookie

Upload the video on youtube and post the link's ID of it, like "watch?v=6B265syAKDo"
  4. icepeak123

icepeak123 TS Rookie Topic Starter

My internet is 100 mb/s and my graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 285. I dont get the same problem while playing offline.
  5. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 1,835

it may just be the server you are connected to, coupled with your ping
  6. icepeak123

Its on every server..
  7. TheRooster

TheRooster TS Rookie Posts: 27

Have you made sure your Rates are set?

Rate 25000

cl_cmdrate 101

cl_updaterate 101

After watching that video, one question.

Are you on a wireless connection?
  8. icepeak123

Im on a wireless connection, yes.
  9. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,588   +278

Then it might be your wireless polling/searching for other networks. If you go into the wireless driver settings and disable Roaming (my work machines has Roam Tendancy and Roaming Decision settings). I had an issue with World Of Warcraft when using a USB N wireless dongle, game would pause occasionally.

I remember I downloaded an application for Vista to suppress this, and while it did almost eliminate the problem I ended up buying some PowerLine network adaptor kits rather than using the USB wireless dongle. If I can find the name of the application I'll post it.

EDIT : Found it :
  10. icepeak123

Its weird, because this worked before. And this did not fix it :(
  11. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,588   +278

Do you have any other wireless devices nearby that could be causing problems with the signal? You could try setting the wireless router to different frequency to avoid clashing with other wireless routers in the vacinity.
  12. icepeak123

I dont know how to do this, im a computer noob :)