Counter Strike Source: Lagless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon7089

Hi, I just got a new video card for my computer, and a new power supply, and I still only get like 25-30 fps, when my friends computer gets like 60 fps in every game. I am just wondering, is there any way I can figure out what is making my computer slow? I am good with computers, and this just really stumps me.

I have an NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ video card, and everyone in css tells me it is all about the video card. I am not running any mods or anything, and I want somewhere around 45-60 fps all the time. If there is anything else you need to know about my computer to help me out, just post it in the forum, and I will tell you it.

Thanks, much obliged.
Leon7089

well first we need your pc specs. cpu, ram, psu, monitor or resolution of monitor. Update your pc specs in your profile.

i have the same problem, its all about the cpu, if you have a crap cpu like me [pentium d] it won't go anywhere cause your cpu cant even keep up with your 9800gtx

you could also try disabling vsync and physx

Your CPU is holding you back, like nosebleedXD said, and is a massive bottleneck for your system. You need at least an E4xxx or an E5200 to fully realize the power of your video card (which would also need a new motherboard). You could also go with an AMD motherboard and an X2 5000+ if you are short on cash.

rofl dam straight =] and i have no idea what your mobo is and don't have time to search it up, you will prolly need to get a new motherboard also

and rage, nice qx9650 build =] never even noticed

Ok, thanks. Can anyone link me to the motherboard and processor that you are talking about? And I am not exactly sure on how to install my own processor, if that is possible. And, by chance, can some one get me a price for all of this? Thanks :]

Ok, thanks. Can anyone link me to the motherboard and processor that you are talking about? And I am not exactly sure on how to install my own processor, if that is possible. And, by chance, can some one get me a price for all of this? Thanks :]

Edit: I found the processor on newegg, But can anyone link me a good motherboard? I am hoping to aim for like 200$ total or lower for this processor and a nice motherboard. If possible. If not, give me the best choice possible.

Thanks nosebleedXD, it's served me flawlessly for quite some time now. :)

@Leon7089, which CPU are you referring to? For Intel, a decent cheap mobo would be the GA-EP45-DS3L. For an AMD setup, go for the GA-MA770-UD3.

Thanks nosebleedXD, it's served me flawlessly for quite some time now. :)

@Leon7089, which CPU are you referring to? For Intel, a decent cheap mobo would be the GA-EP45-DS3L. For an AMD setup, go for the GA-MA770-UD3.
I am going for the AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600.

I would recommend the X2 5400+ BE instead for its unlocked multiplier, which will help in case you want to overclock in the future.

Alright, well I don't plan on ever overclocking this thing, so what would be a good processor and motherboard combo? Price doesn't matter, because my birthday is coming up haha. Links are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanksssss.

Ok thanks. Would a Foxconn BlackOps X48 LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard go good with with the E8400? Or go with the GA-EP45-UD3P?

Nah, the Foxconn is just a fancy mobo with bells and whistles you do not need, and Foxconn is not quite in the same league as other makers like ASUS and Gigabyte. The Gigabyte mobo is rock-solid and is cheaper to boot.

I would recommend Phenom II 940 BE. The power of a Q6600 and more at a fraction of the cost...

Phenom II 940 BE
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103471

Phenom II 920
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103472

Also here's one bundled with a ASUS Motherboard though i can't vouch for how good the board is.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.155229

If i were to choose a board, i'd get this one because i've heard plenty good about the 790GX chipset :3 Plus this one is open box and hence cheaper :D
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128352R

I would also suggest moving away from that 1GB of ram :X Ram is dirt cheap right now, even for the high end performance ones so i'd suggest pumping in 2-4 GB of ram, DDR 2 800 should be suffice.

Hope that helps ;)

yeah I had the same problem w/ my cpu holding back my compy... I just got a new comp altogether tho cuz it was about time to get a new one anyway.

Its a very common case i would say... people upgrade their graphics cards only because they think thats all they need to play games smoothly, but in the end things like CPU, ram and even hard disks can bottleneck your games :X

hey, sorry if im high jacking the thread

so i have a lap top and when i play everything is perfect but recently i have set it up to my home computer, but my play moves way to fast compared to my lap top, ive changed rates ive managed to make my guy move slower when he goes straight but when it comes to moving and looking side to side its way to fast. Any1 have this problem

hey,
so i have a lap top and when i play everything is perfect but recently i have set it up to my home computer, but my play moves way to fast compared to my lap top, ive changed rates ive managed to make my guy move slower when he goes straight but when it comes to moving and looking side to side its way to fast. Any1 have this problem

Nah, the Foxconn is just a fancy mobo with bells and whistles you do not need, and Foxconn is not quite in the same league as other makers like ASUS and Gigabyte. The Gigabyte mobo is rock-solid and is cheaper to boot.

I've read several reviews on that board, it looks nice, but mehh, dont think its worth the penny. Not sure how much that means coming from a Rampage 2 buyer. But I oc as much as I can so...

hey,

Have you looked into your mouse pointer options either through windows or your mouse device manager. Pointer speed could be too high.

and take off the precision improvement thing, I'll post back and make it more accurate when I have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back