Counter Strike Source - Living in the Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There,
I have recently been getting a problem where my Brightness settings on Catalyst Control Center no longer affect my CS:S Settings. I would Not mind but I have a very Poor monitor and when it comes to the darker maps I cant see anything at all. I used to be able to change all my settings but now it has let me down.

BTW Specs are

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
1 GB RAN
X1650 Radeon

This is something I really need resolving as I am a leader of the clan and atm I cant attend specific maps because I just cant see anything, especially DE_Nuke.

Please Help me

Gareth

Brightness has always been set to full because of the Monitor. However the Catalyst Control Center does not seem to make the adjustments required when in CSS.

You have done got me confused. If this hasn't been fixed yet, you are saying that you can't change the brightness back up?

Have you tried a reinstall? May take a while, but may be worth it.

Yeah I tried that about 2 weeks ago. This was my Final Hope to resolve the situation before I end up paying £100 for a new monitor.

So if you've turned up the brightness on the monitor and turned up the brightness in CCC and I presume within the game controls itself (sorry, I can't remember if there is a brightness control ingame), then a new monitor might be the only way to fix it. If the monitor deteriorates far enough, I imagine there is a point at which nothing will help it (short of a repair shop).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back