Counter Strike Source Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Me and my brother recently bought counter strike source, But we are having problems with that game

We cant enter same servers because:

1) the console kick one of us with the message " ping is too high" but we have good internet (10mb)

2) or sometimes its says "connection problem"

we both have same ip if that helps( dynamic)

Thankyou very much:)

That Is normal In some cases.

I do know of ppl that play on the same connection & servers with no trouble...

I'll try & find out what they do.

This can depend on where the server is located as well. If you were to live in the north pole and playing on a server located in the south pole, since data doesn't travel instantly across the world and there is a short delay between you sending data to him and him sending data to you that can make your ping higher.

Its called Ping because like Ping Pong, sending the ball back and fourth, your doing the same thing with data and the more delay between the more ping.

Thankyou all for you support

I've solved the problem. It was the ports, i changed the ports on too many places and create an userconfig port file, and the than solved it.

I was gunna say 10mb/s is ur connection, that is pretty slow, I was going to say get atleast a 54mb/s or 100mb/s , me n my bro play fine on Cs;s with a 100mb/s modem/router but good u solved problem

Help!!!

I have all requirements for the CSS game(w/ Half Life 2: DeathMatch and Day of Defeat: Source), but whenever I put the dvd rom in my drive, the icon wont appear and installation won't start. And, there is nothing shown on the drive on "My Computer", even when DVD Rom still inside. The DVD Rom was loading, but the pointer appeared as in busy but whenever it goes normal after 5 sec or so, it goes busy again. The results were negative still,I could activate the game but the problem was I needed to insert the DVD Rom to continue. The DVD Rom was inside still but it didn't appear in "My Computer".

Please if anyone can help me with this problem, reply as soon as possible.

Thanks ~Small Fry241~

No offense, but you should really start your own thread rather than asking for help in someone else's.

tim_tank said:
I was gunna say 10mb/s is ur connection, that is pretty slow, I was going to say get atleast a 54mb/s or 100mb/s , me n my bro play fine on Cs;s with a 100mb/s modem/router but good u solved problem

100 Megabit connection? DAMN... You live in Canada too? Wow... I think you are talking about your router speed because 100 Mbit connections are available in Japan only.

6 Mbps is the fastest out here. Even FiOS isn't 100 Mbits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back