Counter Strike: Source + Radeon HD 3650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I bought myself a new laptop (Acer Extensa 7360) some weeks ago. The computer is great, however when I try to play Counter Strike Source I have some minor problems.
The whole game is laggy and it freezes some times. I have play'd other games like Call of Duty 4, Left 4 Dead and Half Life 2 on medium setup without any types of lagg, but when I play CS:S its as I said laggy and it freezes.
I have tried to update my graphics card, fix the rates in the game, disable firewalls and turn of any other programs that are "big" and that take much of the internet connection. Also I have tried to reinstall Steam and CS:S multiple times. Currently I play the game with "low" graphic setup ( still laggs and freezes ). I dont know if it has anything to do with it,but my DirectX version is 9.0 Can also mention that my FPS is about 30-50, the ping is about 50-70 and the choke is at 0-3 while gameplay

Here are some facts about the laptop:

Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1
2,00 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 - Graphics Card
2044 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

I hope you guys can help me out!

Thanks in advance!

Directx9 may have something to do with it depending on what the game is and what the operating system is. If you have Vista or Windows 7 and you're playing a game that supports other directx versions, then choosing a different directx MIGHT have something to do with it.

But since you're playing Counter Strike, I'd say not. CS is a very old game and it doesn't take much to run it these days anymore. Even a basic integrated graphics card can run it smoothly.

I don't know if you've checked it, but have you looked at the settings in your catalyst? Open up the ATI catalyst and check the settings. Force Vsync, Anti-Aliasing, Texture Filtering, check all of it. Some games are REALLY sensitive to what these are set to. Call of Duty 2 for example would sometimes crash depending on what settings I had turned on when I ran an ATI card. I'm willing to bet that a certain setting in there is screwing with your game.

There may also be a setting in the Counter Strike menu that's causing a screwup with your graphics card and causing it to be jerky like that. It may also have something to do with the servers you play on. Sometimes the location can cause major lag. But I doubt this is the case.

And as an aside, a computer with an HD 3650 could easily run Half Life 2, Call of Duty 4, and Left 4 Dead very easily on high settings.

And as an aside, a computer with an HD 3650 could easily run Half Life 2, Call of Duty 4, and Left 4 Dead very easily on high settings.
O.o i don't think so, especially since its integrated, but they should still work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back