Counterstrike cs1.6 fps drops 20fps

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahujahbti

Hi guys

The problem is i get only 15-20fps after one or two deathmatches.However for the first one or two matches i get 80 to 100 variable fps.But as it drops to 15-20 the video gets choppy and everthing looks very slow.The weapons recoil a lot.And overall game performance become worst.

I am playing cs1.6 since last 6 years.Previously I used to play on my desktop (256 MB RAM, P4,2.4GHZ processor and intel 845 chipset video memory 8 MB on board).
The game performance on my desktop was just fine and i usually gets 40-60 fps.

But recently I bought a Compaq CQ40 -108TU laptop in Dec 2008.
The specs of the laptop is as:
Windows Vista Home Basic
3GB DDR2 RAM
HDD 160GB SATA
T3200 processor (dual core 2.0 GHZ)
Intel mobile express 4 chipset with integrated memory 256 MB
the specs of chiipset shows
Total available Graphics Memory 1293 MB
Dedicated Video memory 32 MB
System Video memory 96 MB
Shared system Memory 1165 MB

I have tried cs1.6 on all types of resolutions available but the same problem occurs every time.
also tried various console comands , format the HDD, repartioning, increased virtual memory,
but the result was same .

I also installed XP and tried the game but same problem was there except the fps drops occurs after 7 or 8 games where in VISTA it occurs just after 1or 2 games (death matches).

I am looking for the solution of this problem since last 6 months but did not get success.

hope u guys can help.

thanks
prashant

He's running a laptop, as shown above, he cant do that The General.

During games your fan speeds will probably increase because of the hard workload on the pc. You have a basic integrated graphics card on your laptop, there's not much you can do besides maxing out your ram for the laptop.

Thanks for your replies.

I got the solution from other forum.

It was overheating issue.
Previously my laptop was just in contact with the table and aircooling the fan of laptop was just downwardds .So there was no space to circulate air.

but when i put my laptop such that the heat sink area and fan was in air without any contact then the game performance improved a lot and i got 50 fps continously for 20 games .

This is the problem whose solution i was looking for last six months.

Congrats on your sucess!! :)

There are a number of " third party" laptop cooling stands available which you may be intrested in.

Go go google :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back