CPU 100% please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this problem before, My cpu is running at 100% and I dont know why. When I do ctrl Alt delete nothing under processes is running high. The highest is iexplore.exe. When I click the "Performance" tab and click "Resource Monitor" I can monitor my cpu and it shows "system "PID 4" "Threads 105" "cpu 95% avg", so the "System" is running at 95-99% avg. This all started when I was trying to boot unreal tournment 3 and it wasnt booting, so I had to restart comp.

Running vista 64bit
New hard drive
6400 amd cpu

Also I cant do end task on it and restarted comp or running in safe mode dosnt help. No virus also. I have fixed this problem before by installing windows on a diferent hard drive.

that was happening to my computer a few days ago, cpu was at 100% the whole time, and when i looked at my processes, it was the file csrss.exe.. supposed to be a system file.. but it was taken over by a virus.. even if i disabled it in msconfig.. it would keep coming back, had to go and delete it from the main windows directory where it shouldn't even be there.

You could go to system config and shut down applications that you suspect...(one @ a time) and see if you can find the power gobbler: or you could disable all Non Microsoft services and see if it's any of those apps. You could try uninstalling that game and check your cpu % (if you have it installed on your hard drive, that is). Then reinstall if it turns out to be the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back