CPU and motherboard questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ural_

Ok I have an Asus P4S333 motherboard, and am needing a CPU upgrade (current is 1.8ghz intel pentium 4), i have limited knowledge on Cpu and motherboards. Could someone please tell me wat the limit is to what cpu can be compatible with this motherboard. and/or please give me some more info about motherboards and cpu's (I am currently doing a short I.T course and need this info lol)

2.2Ghz @ 400Mhz/bus should be the fastest you could go at this point. Your motherboard using a 100Mhz FSB but can overclock up to 166. In theory you may be able to use a 533Mhz/bus processor but I would check with ASUS to see if the BIOS would even support it. I might be time to save up and switch to a newer motherboard and CPU.

Where did that 2.2GHz come from?

According to ASUS this motherboard supports up to 2.6GHz/400MHz P4 and 2.8GHz/400MHz Celeron.

If it is 2.2 ghz i guess it wouldnt be worth it, but 2.6 and 2.8 sound alright, Ill try do some research myself, is there any specific site I can go on?

Thanx for the replies

Ok I have searched everywhere I just can't find the right information can someone please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back