CPU and motherboard questions

By Ural_
Dec 4, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok I have an Asus P4S333 motherboard, and am needing a CPU upgrade (current is 1.8ghz intel pentium 4), i have limited knowledge on Cpu and motherboards. Could someone please tell me wat the limit is to what cpu can be compatible with this motherboard. and/or please give me some more info about motherboards and cpu's (I am currently doing a short I.T course and need this info lol)
  2. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,177

2.2Ghz @ 400Mhz/bus should be the fastest you could go at this point. Your motherboard using a 100Mhz FSB but can overclock up to 166. In theory you may be able to use a 533Mhz/bus processor but I would check with ASUS to see if the BIOS would even support it. I might be time to save up and switch to a newer motherboard and CPU.
  3. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

Where did that 2.2GHz come from?

According to ASUS this motherboard supports up to 2.6GHz/400MHz P4 and 2.8GHz/400MHz Celeron.
  4. Ural_

Ural_ TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 114

If it is 2.2 ghz i guess it wouldnt be worth it, but 2.6 and 2.8 sound alright, Ill try do some research myself, is there any specific site I can go on?

Thanx for the replies
  5. Ural_

Ural_ TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 114

Ok I have searched everywhere I just can't find the right information can someone please help me
  6. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.