TechSpot

CPU Causing Lag

By justinone
May 24, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a 3.4GHz Pentium 4 HT which is causing jittery gameplay with my GeForce 7600GT. I have 2GB Ram and a Sound Blaster Audigy sound card. Whenever i get into "Firefights" on many games it will reduce my framerate. Is there a way of fixing my CPU to prevent this?
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Doubt it is your CPU that is causing this problem. What evidence do you have that it is the CPU rather than the video graphics, memory, or overheated drive?
  3. justinone

justinone TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 210

well its definatly not my video, iv tried every solution e.g reinstalling drivers ect. Overheated drive..could you explain more?
  4. CCT

CCT TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,556

You have posted at least 5 times about different components causing BAD game play and in many cases ignored or disparaged the advice.

So, I advise you, like the Physician, to 'Heal Thyself!'.

:)
  5. justinone

thats because i get told differen't things and i realy need to get it sorted.
  6. justinone

heres some screenshots with my framerate from css its usualy around 50 fps but drops when firefighting

[​IMG]
  7. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 1,094

Your most recent post has no sense to it. And you use inproper grammer and spelling. People are less inclined to assist you.
  8. MMDominator88

MMDominator88 Newcomer, in training Posts: 152

considering you spelled "grammar" wrong..............

*EDIT I am not trying to be mean
  9. nissanman

nissanman TechSpot Maniac Posts: 362

are you using the most recent drivers for your video card? I highly doubt that the problem is caused by your cpu.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.