TechSpot

CPU constantly at 100%

By bignick58
Oct 24, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, anyone got any experience of problems with the CPU running constantly at 100% (and consequently at too high a temperature)? I recently installed a new CD writer and it came with Nero Express software, I have since discovered that removal of the software gets rid of the problem (but I can't use the cd writer!) Any ideas?? I've posted this on the software/cooling boards in case I've chosen the wrong forum.
    Thanks, Nick

2. Stephen79

Stephen79 TS Rookie Posts: 66

process explorer from system internals will tell you which process is using all that CPU power. http://www.sysinternals.com/

If it is nero express, then is there an option to do a custom install and install they very min of what you need... and see if that helps?

3. Charles Hammond

Charles Hammond TS Rookie Posts: 164

Some software may not be compatible with your operating system. I have seen problems similar to this caused by CDRW software when a computer would always reboot after you shut down. You might look for a newer version of that program from the maker of the software on-line.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.