CPU cooler and Corsair Vengeance RAM issue

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help?

I would like to say I know my stuff when it comes to PC's as ive been building (software or Hardware) for a good 10 years now however, this one has left me a little frustrated and also feel stupid at the same time.

Just a little under 3 Months ago I had an absolute Bargain on a Vengeance kit, triple channel, 1600MHz, timing 9-9-9-24 CL9 so snapped them up straight away.

From This I built my Rig and came to about £700. Now, looking at the reviews at the time, the Corsair Cooling Air Series A70 was absolute kicking butt so naturally i opted for that.

Now, I built the Rig, set it and and.... The Heat sink overlaps onto the first RAM Slot. Now if I had gone for normal RAM, I will be safe however, Just like me, I didn't and hence I lost the first Port.

I would Love to use the first Port as I really would like to Max out my board and wont have to worry about Spec for ages but trying to get a sensible answer from Google is hard.

I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue and If so, Can you recommend a Good Heatsink (Cooler) for My CPU as I would love to use all Ports.

My CPU is a AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition.

Thanks all

Back