CPU cooler and Corsair Vengeance RAM issue

1. Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help?

I would like to say I know my stuff when it comes to PC's as ive been building (software or Hardware) for a good 10 years now however, this one has left me a little frustrated and also feel stupid at the same time.

Just a little under 3 Months ago I had an absolute Bargain on a Vengeance kit, triple channel, 1600MHz, timing 9-9-9-24 CL9 so snapped them up straight away.

From This I built my Rig and came to about £700. Now, looking at the reviews at the time, the Corsair Cooling Air Series A70 was absolute kicking butt so naturally i opted for that.

Now, I built the Rig, set it and and.... The Heat sink overlaps onto the first RAM Slot. Now if I had gone for normal RAM, I will be safe however, Just like me, I didn't and hence I lost the first Port.

I would Love to use the first Port as I really would like to Max out my board and wont have to worry about Spec for ages but trying to get a sensible answer from Google is hard.

I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue and If so, Can you recommend a Good Heatsink (Cooler) for My CPU as I would love to use all Ports.

My CPU is a AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition.

Thanks all

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.