CPU cooler choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a e8400 which im planning on o/c

atm i have a AC Freezer 7 Pro but im thinkin of purchasing a Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme LGA775 Heatpipe Cooler

is it worth upgrading thanks in advance

a better choice is to buy two high end fans and mount them in a push-pull configuration on your current (more then decent) cooler

I see your cooler as supporting 92mm fans; buy two Noctua 92mm fans (NF-B9) and you'll get much better thermals

The Freezer 7 Pro, while decent, is no match for the TRUE's far superior cooling performance. Pair the TRUE with a decent fan like the Yate Loon D12SL-12 or the Scythe SFF21F and you'll have a fantastic cooling solution that is also very quiet.

That being said, since the TRUE is a tad on the expensive side, you can also go with the Xigmatek HDT-S1283. But I recommend buying a Thermalright screw bracket for the latter, the default installation kit isn't that great. But that's just about the only gripe I have with it. Cooling performance is on par with the TRUE.

It's worth the upgrade IMO.

The Freezer 7 Pro, while decent, is no match for the TRUE's far superior cooling performance. Pair the TRUE with a decent fan like the Yate Loon D12SL-12 or the Scythe SFF21F and you'll have a fantastic cooling solution that is also very quiet.

That being said, since the TRUE is a tad on the expensive side, you can also go with the Xigmatek HDT-S1283. But I recommend buying a Thermalright screw bracket for the latter, the default installation kit isn't that great. But that's just about the only gripe I have with it. Cooling performance is on par with the TRUE.

It's worth the upgrade IMO.

Yes, this. Took the words right from my keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back