CPU fan error!

Jawshh

I have a Xigmatek HDT-SD964 that's seated on my X6 1055T for like a month now-been cooling my X2 550 before.

I started to get CPU Fan Error message when the system starts this week. It doesn't happen all the time though-just a couple random times. The fan's running alright though, everything seems to be alright but the error's scaring me! I'm afraid that the CPU might fry up on me while I'm hitting up Skyrim hard. What might be causing the error?

I've been wanting to replace the cooler though but I don't really know if I'm going to benefit from an upgrade right now. The temps are ~37 C idle and ~61+ on a small FFTs prime95 stress.

I wanted to get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. It looks pretty much the same as the cooler I have right now but reviews say it's pretty good. I don't want to overclock or anything but it just so happens that I do a lot of cpu intensive work like running virtual machines and playing games. What do you think, go for it?

Btw, HWmonitor screens are in the attachments.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    78 KB · Views: 4
  • fft.PNG
    fft.PNG
    98 KB · Views: 4
Is the Xigmatek fan plugged into the "CPU Fan" on the Mobo. and not on a case fan connector? I have the same cooler on a 2500k @ 4.3GHz and I am very happy with it. If properly installed and with thermal paste properly applied (might want to check that) you should have no problems. Those temps are fine. Im playing Skyrim on the igpu for now.

Well sure it's plugged in. Temps are fine? How much you getting on your i5 with that cooler? And, which cooler do you have, the Cooler Master or the one I have right now?

Well sure it's plugged in. Temps are fine? How much you getting on your i5 with that cooler? And, which cooler do you have, the Cooler Master or the one I have right now?

I have the same Xigmatek cooler. My temps are (readings are from CPUID HM).
25-27c @ Idle
42-44c while playing Skyrim on medium of the igpu (can't help you with GPU temps).

If I torture test it temps go to around 60-64c

Are you treating all cores the same on your Bios? or separately? Try hooking a different fan to the cpu fan plug and see if you stop getting the error.

I would also clean the old thermal paste off the cpu and clean the top of the cpu very well (same for the cooler) and reapply some Arctic Silver rather than the junk that comes in the plastic bag that was included with the Xigmatek cooler.

Back