CPU fan goes really fast and loud

Arkumzz

Hello TECHSPOT comunity ,,, I need your help with something

I have HP 7300 Microtower
Pentium D 3400/4M , 3Giga ram ,,,, NVIDIA GeForce 7100 GS
It used to be normal ,, And now suddenly when I start a video game it goes slow and the cpu fan goes really fast and loudy ! tried to clean the cooler with a vacuum and its clean now ! but I still have the problem! Can you please tell me what to do ?
-------------------
And by the way , I have the ( PENTIUM D 3400/4M ,, and other one DUAL CORE 1.6/2M )
Can you please tell me which one is more powerfull to video games and so ?

Best Regards ,, Many thanks in advance. Arkum

Have you ever changed the thermal compound?

If the thermal bond between the CPU and cooler has been damaged, it could cause this issue. In the event of overheating, CPU's have been designed to down-clock. At the same time, the CPU fan would attempt to compensate for the spike in temps. But if the thermal bond has been damaged, the CPU fan would fail to do its job.

I did it yes , Kinda same result ! the cpu fan isnt loud as before , but the result on video games its the same ! Lagging and stuff ! :S

Before anything , you have no idea how thankfull I am for taking your time this way.
Monitering the cpu :-
before I started the game there were 2 apps opened ( google chrome and a music player ) ,, CPU usage was 15-20%
I closed the 2 apps , started the game ... While playing it was 100%
I minimized the game , cpu usage went to 18-22%
By the way ,, the game is PES2013 and I never had a problem with it like lagging or wt ever so .

CPU usage seems abit high during idle without any apps loaded.

Checking PC requirements for Pro Evolution Soccer 2013, Pentium D seems to be a minimum requirement. Under these conditions, I'm not surprised at 100% CPU usage.

The comparison you ask for is not very specific. I would ponder a guess that they perform equally close to each other. To give better answer, we need to know exactly which Dual Core you are wanting compared.

My Personal Venture:
I once owned a Celeron D 452 3.2GHz and upgraded systems to a Celeron Dual Core E1200 1.6GHz. I was expecting a CPU with 2 cores on half the frequency, to operate with the same performance. I was quite surprised to find the E1200 had twice the performance despite the fact it was operating at half the frequency.

Back