CPU fan, too much noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
my mother board
INTEL D945GCCR + Pentium D Dual Core: 3.00 GHz
+ 1GB DDR2 RAM 533 Mhz(single module)

1)my cpu fan too much noisy...and make lot of noise continously...whole day..and intermiitently..

what is possible reason.....and remedy..???

2) Second problem is when i add additional another 1GB DDR2 RAM (533 Mhz(single module)) my computer becomes slow...and after some time..computer shuts down saying beacsue of "CPU thermal shutdown"

what is possible reason.....and remedy..??

Waiting for reply

Thanks & Regards
Vishal

Go into BIOS, see if you have any options such as "AMD Cool n Quiet" or "Intel Step" or something, that will automatically control your fans.

What others have suggested, clean out the case, remove fans, hoover heatsinks.

Your extra RAM problem may either be forcing the Motherboard to run in single channel (although it isn't an extremley noticable performance drop) or it's the CPU having to seriously throttle itself making you think it's the RAM.

Hi, i think first its not the dust that is causing that all that, but one think u need to change the fan control like what Dan005 told u, and as for the ram even if u insert in a 512MB it will still do the same, but i figured out that its not the ram its the motherboard make, if u insert in an HT processor that is more than 2.8GHz in that specific mobo, it will increase the voltage, thus increasing the heat temp, u can test that and see if am telling u the truth, personally i just changed the cooling system to something more better, and made sure i selling to someone who doesnt use alot of power.
I hated that mobo, actually i need to update my profile and change my computer spec.
Sorry man, but u can't do anything that will work with in you needs unless if u are not an advanced user.

Well Dan......

Go into BIOS, see if you have any options such as "AMD Cool n Quiet" or "Intel Step" or something, that will automatically control your fans.
Think about this, if the fans are already too loud, they're operating at full speed. So, what are we going to do in BIOS to slow them down that won't cause the CPU to overheat more?
Your extra RAM problem may either be forcing the Motherboard to run in single channel (although it isn't an extremley noticable performance drop) or it's the CPU having to seriously throttle itself making you think it's the RAM.
The OP states that he only has a 1GB module installed. Therefore, the board ALREADY must be in single channel mode. This is because you can't possibly run dual channel RAM with only one module. So, by adding the second 1GB module you could only force dual channel mode. This of course assuming you put it in the correct socket, and it is compatible with the DIMM that's already in the machine. And face it, If they were that dissimilar, the computer might not boot.

@vishsolanki Did this problem just start?

Pentium D CPUs have a very high power requirement, up to 130 watts TDP. As a result of this they tend to run quite hot even in normal operation.

If your CPU is "throttling back" or shutting off, the high fan speed is saving the thing from perhaps burning up altogether.

Clean out the machine as the others have suggested. Learn about Anti staic precautions before you put your hands inside the case. At minimum ground yourself to the computer case and try not to contact anything inside until you buy a proper anti static strap.

The thermal material or grease, or what is also know as thermal compound, may have broken downm or is not installed correctly. (between the heatsink and the CPU). Also there is the possibility that the heatsink has come loose. This can happen with Intel push-pin type mounting.

You may also have an application "hanging", or some sort of "malware" in the machine causing the CPU to operate at or near 100% constantly.

Pull up "Task Manager" (Cntl, Alt, Delete), then click on the "performance" tab, and observe the green bar graphs which indicate what percentage of the CPU is being used, then get back to us.

You might have to opt for an aftermarket fan as Robin has suggested.
i just changed the cooling system to something more better, and made sure i selling to someone who doesnt use alot of power.
You can check out this Wikipedia page that suggests using a "Pent D" in a 945 board disables hyperthreading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_D.

Also, people like you are the reason I don't shop on Ebay.

Chill the **** out captaincranky, they don't just slow the fans they also decrease the multiplier so the CPU runs at a slower clock speed.

And as for the RAM, I misread it wrong, I thought he was adding a stick.

God....

CPU thermal shutdown

I think that your processor heatsink is not attached correctly.
When you installed the extra RAM, you may have disturbed the heatsink so it's now not making proper contact with the CPU and causing a thermal shutdown event.

Check that all of the pegs on the CPU cooler are firmly clipped into the board and that the heatsink is firmly attached to the board and does not wobble.

Chill the **** out captaincranky, they don't just slow the fans they also decrease the multiplier so the CPU runs at a slower clock speed.

And as for the RAM, I misread it wrong, I thought he was adding a stick.

God....

That would be quite a novel and innovative approach to address a heating issue, underclock the machine.

Have you reread the original post? The specs are there. Read about the installed RAM, and while I'm "chilling the **** out", take a moment to explain how the memory was ever running in "dual channel" in the first place.

Why don't you put "******* Guru" under your title as well? You ****ing mug.

I thought he ADDED a stick, therefore I thought it went from dual to single, my mistake, did I ****ing debate it with you *****? Did I say you was wrong and I was right dumbell?

****ing ban me from this forum, I'm off anyway. I'm only trying to help people, even if I made a slight mistake, I ain't having a ****ing egotisical tosser like you talk to me like that.

Laters, hope you get your problem sorted Vishsolanki.

I would like to remind all members that by posting at TechSpot forums you are also agreeing to all terms and conditions of this forum

If you do not agree with this then please leave
Further posting like this will get you banned

From TechSpot Community & Posting Guidelines:
Criticize ideas, not people. We won’t stand, nor support personal flaming.
Keep your posts clean: Excessive foul language is likely to get moderated or get you banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back