CPU froze, now won't boot up fully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right i was surfing away and my Comp froze whilst on my internet banking (Hence my concern) so i had to hold down the power button to get it off. Once i have tried re-booting it starts but when it gets to the windows XP loading screen it turns off completely! and keeps doing so.

Please help

Ok i left it for 5 minutes and this time it managed to get to my desktop screen and then...BAM...power off completely!

Just to note this has never happened before today

Sounds like an overheating issue.. check all your fans are working properly and there is no large build up of dust or debris inside your case and fans. If there is, a can of compressed air. a paintbrush, or a vacuum cleaner will get rid of it nicely.

Oh.. And welcome to techspot :)

Thanks

Thanks very much ill, go and do that now. Just so i know is there a setting on the computer that can set the cut off temperature? only reason is ive not long removed a virus and think that could have possibly altered it?

Barring that hopefully the good ol hoover will sort it now.

Im not 100 % sure, but i think there may be an option for this in your bios, or an alarm to trigger at a certain temp threshold. At the very least there should be a temp monitor, So you can keep an eye on your temps. A program like speedfan will also do this.

Good luck :)

Right what an almighty job that was....

Well i hoovered it on the outside and then turned it on and it came on then switched off, came on then switched off, came on the switched off...so i obviously thought i had buggered it properly this time plus the monitor wasnt responding now!!

Took the plunge, undid the case removed the fan, power box, and graphics gard and gave it one more good hoovering and the reassembled it.....

Thank god its working now no problems so far and has worked all night....THANKS FOLKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back