CPU heatsup to 90 in 5 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys! i recently bought a amd 4400+ with a asus m2n mx se plus and i gb of ram
in the first week i had no probs but just after that whenevr i put any load on the cpu it heats up to 80-90 in 5-10 mins and shuts down it even idles around 52 degrees whereas my friends same pc idles at 35 and never exceeds 50 degrees please help!!!!!!!!

You probably didn't seat the CPU HSF properly. Try removing it, and reinstalling the heatsink and fan unit.

It might be something as simple as the fan not working. Could be that a cable has got into the fan, and stopping it from spinning.

Anyway, try reinstalling that heatsink, and see what happens.

Too much thermal past. Too little thermal paste. Bad cpu fan. Poorly seated heat sink. Bent cpu pin. Watch your heat sink fan with a florescent light to look for uneven operations. How do you know your temp is accurate?
All are cheap to replace.
The curious part is that you were ok the first week. I would worry a lot about the change.

The mother board might be defective or the motherboards bios settings concerning the CPU protection is setup incorrectly. Try resetting the CMOS. If the CPU HSF was incorrectly installed, the CPU wouls have overheated from the start, not a week later

well the hsf is all right i have checked with a pro service personnel and it all started when i tried to install xp on another drive (vista was installed on c:)
another weird thing is that when i plug in my usb pendrive the cpu starts heating up even with 0 cpu usage
anybody pls help!

The motherboard is not necessairly defective. Check your PSU voltage rails. Make sure that they are within spec. I would suggest replacing the thermal paste on the CPU, and reseat the heatsink.

I know this might sound really stupid but is there any dust or anything stuck on it? if soon make sure it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back