CPU in Car Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, im new here. i was wondering if anyone here new anything about placing a computer in your car for music purposes. i have an old cpu that will play mp3's jsut fine and im tired of looking through bunches of cds and changing them. figured i could get a 20 gig hd and i would be able to run the cpu in my car as a mp3 player. any advice or help with this would be much appreciated since googling didnt turn up much. thanks in advance.

Maybe you were googling with the wrong keywords seeing as you are not very at home with computer terminology.

Look here: http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_2334/article.html

And please, don't refer to a computer as CPU. It is the same as you started calling your car an engine block or something. "CPU" is a very specific term and does not mean "computer".

sorry if you think im not "at home" with computer terminology but i happen to be a networking administrator. the centeral processing unit is obviously not the whole computer, but obviously im only putting a mobo, cpu, and hd in my car. not a whole computer. why must everyone on forums flame everyone else. i didnt ask to be told i am a ***** and my terminology isnt correct, so you can **** off. but thank you for the site.

travisneeary said:
sorry if you think im not "at home" with computer terminology but i happen to be a networking administrator. the centeral processing unit is obviously not the whole computer, but obviously im only putting a mobo, cpu, and hd in my car. not a whole computer. why must everyone on forums flame everyone else. i didnt ask to be told i am a ***** and my terminology isnt correct, so you can **** off. but thank you for the site.
You'll also be installing a PSU, and likely a power inverter as well. Why not just buy a cheapo mp3 player, it's a lot less work, and surely a "network administrator" could part with $50 to save several hours and a mess of junk in his auto
:chef:

However, after checking that link, I'd be willing to spend 1,000 to have all the features that are boasted in the article, so I imagine it's all in what you're looking for. IMO, if it's just an mp3 library you're interested in, I'd just buy one and save myself the hassle and time.

If you're interested in much more, perhaps it's worth the investment in time and $$. I know my time is at a premium, but if you have tons to spare, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back