CPU\Motherboard issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was a power supply problem, however i tried a brand new power supply and it gave me the same results, I think that it must be either the CPU or the Motherboard...

I was playing Age of Conan, when all of a sudden, my computer shuts down... thinking it was possibly overheating, i let it rest a moment, then attempt to reboot, the front panel lights flash, i hear a clicking, then nothing.

I then remove my case and look inside, its warm but i dont smell any smoke or burning electrical equipment. I attempt to boot one more time, the fan on the cpu starts to spin, clicks a couple times and then nothing.

I see no signs of overheating, no scorching, no smell of burning components.

The light on the motherboard indicating that it has power remains on, but the system does nothing from this point on, even after pressing the power button.

Sounds like the motherboard for sure, the only surefire way to pinpoint what is wrong is with testing with another motherbaord/system really, which most people don't have lying around. =\

My ASUS Striker II Formula did that - mid-game it shut down for no reason then refuses to boot up anymore, board died.

Unlikely, the CPU shouldn't be damage. I've had two motherboards die for me in the last three months (don't ask, such bad luck =P) and used the same CPU each time, and it's still fine. Just replacing the motherbaord should be the fix if that is what is wrong.

Thanks for your quick replies. It turns out it was the powersupply, the second power supply I hooked up, I didn't reconnect the front power switch, lol, newb mistake. Once the front panel power switch was connect, system booted up fine

Thanks again

lol - that's okay I've done that before. Stressed over why my motherbaord wouldn't power on when I hadn't connected CPU power from the PSU yet. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back