CPU + motherboard upgrade

TheDevopsGuy

So im Thinking about Upgrading my Cpu Motherboard I only have a 200$ Budget So im kinda trying to shoot for playing World of warcraft and leauge of legends if u can list 2 parts which would be good for that im kinda aiming for 60 fps lowest graphics so any tips would be good

What are your computer specs now before you upgrade?
What resolutions are you planning on using to game with?

$200 is not allot to work with. Is there any chance you could go higher?

What are your computer specs now before you upgrade?
What resolutions are you planning on using to game with?

$200 is not allot to work with. Is there any chance you could go higher?
I am not going for the Gaming im just going For lightWeight gaming like low graphics gaming but the desired resolution is 1280x1040 the second number is proly incorrect though its somewere close and the current System is bad its a 2007 rig I just need to upgrade it with a new procesor and a new motherboard to get it in shape more like 2010-12 ish

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 cpu 3.00ghz H/t
Motherboard, Memory: P4S800-MX
Graphics: GeForce 6200
Operating System: Win 7

This is my Current System I wish to Replace that Motherboard which these days I recon getting a new one costs $60 and maybe a Dual core or i3 after that il proly replace the integrated gfx with a graphics card in summer

ASUS P4S800-MX 478 SiS 661FX Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
  • CPU Socket Type - 478
  • Memory Standard - DDR 400
  • AGP Slots - 1 x AGP 4X / 8X
  • PCI Express x16 - None
  • PATA - 2 x ATA100 4 Dev. Max
My recommendation would be a whole new build because everything has been replaced with a new standard.

My pick would be a motherboard to support the following.
  • CPU Socket Type - 1155
  • Memory Standard - DDR3
  • Graphics card slot - PCI Express 2.0 x16
  • Storage - SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s)
  • USB - USB 3.0
However if you do pick an LGA1155 motherboard, chances are there will not be support for your older IDE drives unless you purchase an add-in card for IDE connectivity. There are boards that include IDE connectivity but you will pay a premium for the board. This would be an additional cost that could be spent toward purchasing a new SATA drive. You are already looking to replacing memory modules as well as CPU and motherboard. And unless you have the full retail version of Windows 7, you can look to purchasing another license for Windows 7.

ASUS P4S800-MX 478 SiS 661FX Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
  • CPU Socket Type - 478
  • Memory Standard - DDR 400
  • AGP Slots - 1 x AGP 4X / 8X
  • PCI Express x16 - None
  • PATA - 2 x ATA100 4 Dev. Max
My recommendation would be a whole new build because everything has been replaced with a new standard.

My pick would be a motherboard to support the following.
  • CPU Socket Type - 1155
  • Memory Standard - DDR3
  • Graphics card slot - PCI Express 2.0 x16
  • Storage - SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s)
  • USB - USB 3.0
However if you do pick an LGA1155 motherboard, chances are there will not be support for your older IDE drives unless you purchase an add-in card for IDE connectivity. There are boards that include IDE connectivity but you will pay a premium for the board. This would be an additional cost that could be spent toward purchasing a new SATA drive. You are already looking to replacing memory modules as well as CPU and motherboard. And unless you have the full retail version of Windows 7, you can look to purchasing another license for Windows 7.

Windows 7 Is not A problem I have purchaced It a long time ago And nowadays Ram isnt that expensive Theres a store Near us selling stacks of 4gb ddr 3 at 25$ per piece so its not that expensive as old times getting 20$ for 1gig + Pci Express 2 I think It only Runs on i3 Cores idk what actualy can be done I am not so sure about This though the few I saw That were being sold seemed to be only combatible with the new generation of i3s i5s i7s

Here's an Asus H67 board that has ports for 2 PATA/IDE drives and 6 SATA drives (2 SATA3/6GB/s) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131711
and here's an inexpensive CPU to go with it
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115078
and some cheap RAM http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313123
For about $260 you'll have 8 GB of DDR3 1333, SATA3, USB 3.0, and a 3.1 Ghz dual core processor (with Hyper-Threading, so it's like a quad core) which should be 10 times faster than your old rig. A 350 watt PSU should be enough until you get a decent video card, after that I'd go with at least 600 watts.
The H67 chipset doesn't support overclocking but does support onboard graphics, so the Intel HD 2000 integrated graphics should get you by until your video upgrade. Asus is usually rock solid and I've seen excellent reviews of the i3 2100 so you should be good to go, and when you replace your IDE drives with SATA it'll be even faster.

Here's an Asus H67 board that has ports for 2 PATA/IDE drives and 6 SATA drives (2 SATA3/6GB/s) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131711
and here's an inexpensive CPU to go with it
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115078
and some cheap RAM http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313123
For about $260 you'll have 8 GB of DDR3 1333, SATA3, USB 3.0, and a 3.1 Ghz dual core processor (with Hyper-Threading, so it's like a quad core) which should be 10 times faster than your old rig. A 350 watt PSU should be enough until you get a decent video card, after that I'd go with at least 600 watts.
The H67 chipset doesn't support overclocking but does support onboard graphics, so the Intel HD 2000 integrated graphics should get you by until your video upgrade. Asus is usually rock solid and I've seen excellent reviews of the i3 2100 so you should be good to go, and when you replace your IDE drives with SATA it'll be even faster.

tbh for gaming reasons im proly going for the phenom ii x4 955 or 970 proly the 970 since its pretty much better having a highclocked quad core because most of the games I play are quad core hungry few r dual core hungry and if I put in a nice 600wat psu and a radeon 6850 with that will be a beast of a rig from my old one

A GPU is the most important factor in a gaming system; the CPU doesn't matter nearly as much.

Save up some more until you have $400-500; that'd help you much more IMHO.

Back