CPU over temp

DastardlyDan

When my computer is booting up, I get this message. I have to press the F1 key to continue booting into Windows. After I do that, everything seems to work fine.

Any idea what might cause this error?

I did just install a bunch of new hardware. I'm still in the process of updating all my device drivers and other software.

By the way, the CPU and motherboard were two components I did NOT replace, and I had no problems with my previous setup.

I will keep updating my software and see if the problem persists, and I will check back here to see if there has been any feedback. Thanks in advance!

Check to see if your cpu fan is starting up from the get go.
go into your bios before you boot into windows and check the temp, and check to see what the CPU temp warning is set at.

Hi, there could be an airation/ventilation issue,
I don't know how many new hardware you have in there but i can imagine that its filled up, so all you have to do is to follow what red1776 told you.
Also, if you added in any other new hardware, i personally like to add more fans when i get new hardware in my Pc most especially those that produce excessive heat like Graphics cards...
So check you temp but i would also want you to write to us the entire error so that we know whether its to do with too much heat or some other error that you experience...

All it says is "CPU Over Temperature Error!" and then prompts me to press F1 to continue, like I said.

I did add new fans to the computer with the new hardware. And I verified that all the fans are working properly. I also ran the Core Temp software for the past few hours, and it shows a high temp of only 39*C, so I doubt that it is actually due to a high core temp, especially when I am first turning on the computer.

I will try checking out the settings in the BIOS in the next couple days.

Hi, i think its to do with the bios settings for Alarm when it over heats, check to see what the temps are or maybe just set it to default settings and see what happens, or maybe still first disable the temp settings and see what happens...
Hope that helps

Back