CPU Problems Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

grannyboy

Dear All

Can someone please help I am pulling my hair out here!!!

Problem. Last week my lefthand mouse button (built in mouse) stated sticking or taking lots of clicks to work, then my CPU usage went through the roof using 100% to work most progs ie Firefox, Excel is the worse it uses 100% to paste an item!! Now my computer takes forever to start up and often freezes. I have 1GB RAM with a AMD Tuion 64 processor.

I have configured the mouse now to a left-handed mouse but other problems still persist, even whilst typing this the cursor keeps skipping backwards after I have typed a letter!!

I have removed Norton, I have tried Spyware, AVG and Adware to no avail. Anyone any ideas??

Kind Regards

Stuart

Hi

Windows XP, yes all legal. Laptop only 12 months old. Whats MOBO

Regrds

Stu

Hi
Sorry got it Motherboard!! Its all new stuff on a HP Pavillion dv 5000

Cheers

Dear All

Can someone please help I am pulling my hair out here!!!

Problem. Last week my lefthand mouse button (built in mouse) stated sticking or taking lots of clicks to work, then my CPU usage went through the roof using 100% to work most progs ie Firefox, Excel is the worse it uses 100% to paste an item!! Now my computer takes forever to start up and often freezes. I have 1GB RAM with a AMD Tuion 64 processor.

I have configured the mouse now to a left-handed mouse but other problems still persist, even whilst typing this the cursor keeps skipping backwards after I have typed a letter!!

I have removed Norton, I have tried Spyware, AVG and Adware to no avail. Anyone any ideas??

Kind Regards

Stuart

Hi All

Please can anyone help!!!

I have a HP Pavillion Laptop 14mths old, dv5000. with a AMD Turion Proc 64 mobile tech ML37. It has Synaptics Ps/2 port touchpad mouse.

The problem started with the left mouse button freezing up and not selecting items corrrectly ie: dragging all cells on a Excel spreadsheet and not deselecting tbs in Firefox. Now the CPU usage has gone through the roof ie firefox 100%, Excel spreadsheets 100%. I have reconfigured the mouse so its now a lefthanded mouse ie I use the right button which seems to help but the CPU usage is still on max most of the time. I have unistalled Norton to see if this would help but no avail. I ahve used Adware and Spyware etc to no avai. The computer also takes numerous tries before it starts up when it constantly freezes.

Please Help I am at my wits end!!

Reagrsd

Stu
Edit/Delete Message

same here

I have the same problem i checked to see if a process was running that would make my cpu spike so much and my mouse stick but there is nothing once i rebooted my pc after messing with msconfig and making things not start up that i didnt know what were things still procede the same freezing before xp even starts and all that good stuff... no viruses or spam found i dont know what to do... luckily it is only my laptop and not my desktop also... plz... help

maybe if u back all needed files up (on disc)
then reformat it then reinstall windows and drivers
see if the problems changes if not then u no its a hardware problem...
then if u can change like ur cpu coz a cheap 1 and see wat thats like or ur mobo, mayb im not to sure but thats wat i'd do

well do u have a lot of data? if u dont then i'd just reformat it, but it is a good idea to back everything up every (few days in my case) but couple of months maybe? lol
and if u need a new cpu (or to test) im sure u can get a cheap 1 i think i can get the amd 3000 for like 20 quid so not that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back