CPU problems / what CPU do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjKraid

Hi!

So I just began to use my other computer, and at the same time I upgraded it a bit.
I changed the CPU from a "AMD Duron @1.2GHz (DHD1600LV1C)" to a "AMD Athlon AXDA2400DKV3C" so I googled it and all the sites that I can find says that the "new" athlon should be at 2GHz (133, x15) but its speed is 1.5GHz (by default/auto). But that's not all, all the sites says that it's a "2400+" but the BIOS says it's a "1800+".

If I try to change the FSB and the multipler it won't boot...

So what is the speed, or what should it be? -how much can I OC it (I don't have stock cooling)? -or is there something that I should change on the mobo? -the old Duron CPU was OC:ed to 1.6GHz

Other System Specs:
MoBo: MSI MS-6712 Ver:10A, KT4AV
CPU: AXDA2400DKV3C
RAM: 2x 1Gb & 1x 256Mb, Kingston, 333MHz
Grapchics: ATI Radeon 7000, AGB, 32Mb
HDD: 30Gb IDE, more coming soon
Other cards:
IDE-controller card (2xIDE, PCI)
GB LAN (TP-Link, PCI)
USB PCI (5xUSB 2,0)
1394 PCI (3x 1394)

Attachments

• CPU.jpg
    CPU.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 11
Yeah....it says 1800+ but why does every web site that and review say its a 2400+?

(attached a screen shot to the original post)

Is this model number (AXDA2400DKV3C) stamped on the processor itself?

yep, thats where i got it from, and when I google that all the results say "...2400+..." and/or 2GHz or 1.93GHz

The number 2400 is in part of the model number itself so that's seems reasonable. I wonder if the CPU is mislabeled. Maybe you can write to AMD and inquire about it.

Yes it could be mislabeled, this wouldn't be the first time... :/
anyway...how much do you think I could Oc it..? :)

how much do you think I could Oc it..?

That's difficult to say. Read some of the guides online. Increase FSB in small steps till you start having problems. Keep an eye on the temperatures and don't put in too much volts.

#Ritwik7 - Yep but when I even change the multipler from Auto to x15 it won't boot...so I'm stuck...

#Mcain310 - ....well good for you...

Processor switch?

I am having a dilemna. I had an AMD 965 Black in an old motherboard and it was registering on Windows as such, running at 3.6, which is the stock speed. I just installed it in a new motherboard and now Windows registers it as an AMD 940 running at 3.0. I don't get this???

Any help?

try to update bios? -is the cpu fully supported by the modo?

I had the same problem once with a Pentium D @2.66GHz but the mobo said it was a Celeron D...but anyway...I took the Pentium D CPU and tested it on my friends computer and it worked just fine so I googled for a CPU support list and the Pentium was not supported by my mobo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back