CPU question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corwin613

How can you tell for sure if a CPU is multicore? will it show up under system settings in the control panel?

Or do I have to run Everest or something?

Just got my new motherboard/CPU?mem combo and I have it up and running except for a couple drivers and I wanted to make sure its the CPU I think it is or a different one

It is suppose to be the Pentium D Dual Core 3.4 ghz though it may only be a single core....

It's as easy as "Control", "Alt", "Delete"........

The Windows "Task Manager" will show you if you have a dual core CPU. Just hit. "Control > Alt> Delete, the click on the "Performance" Tab. If you have a dual core CPU, there will be two green vertical bar graphs showing you the current load on each core.

You can also download "SIW" (System Information for Windows) from the author's website; http://www.gtopala.com/ Download the "Standalone English Version", (at the lower left of the page). It's an executable file, and the good part is you don't have to install the program. Just save it to the desktop, and a double click gets it going.

Sweet thanks for the Info, It won't matter if your using a 32 bit OS tho right?

I haven't finished building this new system yet and I haven't gotten the 64 bit Windows OS yet either...

I didn't stop to find out if SIW is ready for a 64 bit OS. So, since you have a 32 bit copy and 32 bit is what I'm certain SIW is for, it seems like we have a match.

Yep it seems we do :)

Thanks again

Computer building after all these years.... and so far no real frustrations yet lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back