CPU Running Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I just put together a new computer with a p4 3.6HT processor. It runs on an ASUS p5gd1 mobo. I was trying to benchmark with 3dmark05 and noticed in the second test the system would always restart. I checked my BIOS and made sure that everything was set to normal and not over clocked. Ive noticed that my CPU Temp stays in the mid 50's at about 54.5-55.5c. Im about to test Half-Life 2 and see if that shuts it down also. I have a Xaser III Lanfire case w/ 7 fans all of which are running properly. Please help. Thanks.

updates your graphics card drivers and run all of your components at thier standard clock speeds.

run prime95 for a long period of time and reply if you encountered any errors, system crashes, or other complications. running said app will place great stress on the system, but not the graphics card. running this test will greatly help to isolate the problem to a simgle component or subsystem. good luck.

I don't think that it is over heating. I bought a cheap 400 watt ATX power supply. My mobo is an EATX format and requires at least 15 amps on the 12v rail. I am running 7 case fans, a Sound Blaster Audigy 4, and a BFG nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra w/ 512 ram. I think its not providing enough juice. Im ordering an enermax EATX to hopefully correct the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back