CPU spikes every few minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, my cpu seems to enjoy spiking every 2-3 minutes(everyday running programs run to 100cpu in task manager, audio will skip around and computer will run very slow for 5-10seconds. I have had this issue in the past but when I switched my computer over to Windows 7, it went away and now it has come back. The usual programs I run is google chrome, itunes and AIM. With these programs being open, my problems happen. It isn't always a combination of them, sometimes it will be just one of the programs. I have a fairly decent laptop and I don't know why this is happening.

Specs:
Windows 7 home edition
HP Pavilion DV9500 Notebook pc
Intel core 2 duo CPU @ 1.5GHz
2GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS

Thanks for your help :)

No Virus and I've upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 which fixed the problem for awhile...idk about it being the operating system but it's an interesting idea. My computer has actually been working fine for awhile. I started using it on the battery for awhile and that strangely seems to of fixed the problem

You upgraded. Normally when upgrading problems remain their and as jaunetravolta told you it may be a problem of virus.

I would recommend you to make a clean install of windows 7 which will be better for you. Also what anti virus and firwall are you using? Also is your Pc networked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back