CPU starts but not video when AGP is in

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, hope u can help me
this is... last night it was all perfect i was on my computer gaming as usual.
next day morning my computer wont turn on, at least not my video
so i check my ram, switched it, clean it, and it was still not turning on
then i check my video card on agp slot, clean it, and nothing, so what i did was to remove that agp card and connect my monitor to my on board video and it start working
the thing i found interesting is that while gpa is in, i can the light on my cpu case on and i can hear the fan moving but keyboard lights wont turn on
when i remove that agp card and connect it to my on board video everything works great and i get some lights on the keyboard and video, everything fine

what do you guys think it can be?

sry for my english, not my native language.

Replace the video graphics card to test... what you report is not uncommon with failed video cards.

Sounds alot like your video card has failed. I had the exact same thing happen to me a couple of months back. Though i cant remember if my keyboard lights were working or not. I was playing games happily without any issues the day before with my 9600GT then the next day i turn my pc on and i got no video. Got a replacement video card and its fine now.

Replace the video card with one that you know is working. What GPU do you have now?

@nissanman. I guess many of us have had that experience. I had a PNY 8800 Ultra fail like that a few months ago. I stuck in another card and it worked fine. Fortunately, the card was still within the warranty period and PNY replaced it quickly without any hesitation. Since they quit making the 8800 Ultra by that time, they sent me a GTX 260, a better card anyway so I was satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back