TechSpot

CPU stuck on 4x multiplier

By carsonify
Oct 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. htt p://w ww.techspot .com /vb/topic162362.html

What was the fix please? I've had the same problem with the same mobo. I wish I could have sent a PM or even posted on the thread, but I can't send him a PM because I have no post count, and I can't post in the thread since it got locked.

First home-built computer and it was working fine, I overclocked it to 3.8, was working fine for a bit then crashed, brought it back down to 3.6, figured that'd be safe, worked fine for a bit, and then suddenly in game it crashed on me. Ever since then, no luck, it's stuck on x4 multiplier and 800mhz and I can't figure it out. I'm fine with just default, but this is 1/4 of what default is supposed to be

cpu: Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz
    mobo:GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990X

Help, please.

edit: wow I can't even post a link to that thread? Lame, I'm just trying to get some help.

2. ihaveaname

ihaveaname TS Enthusiast Posts: 127

Umm, basically the CPU fan wasn't spinning because ... umm ... I forgot to plug it in. The CPU throttled itself, which was why the multiplier was stuck at X4. I doubt that was your problem, but hope this helps anyway....

3. carsonify

carsonify TS Rookie Topic Starter

Nope, not my problem, thanks though.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.