CPU/system Temperature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I just built my first computer and checked the temperatures through the BIOS to see if I put the heatsink correctly. Anyway, there are two temperatures being shown, the CPU and system. It says my CPU is running at 26C and my system at 52C. So is the CPU temperature the temperature of the processing chip? And where is the system temperature coming from? Right now, I'm just guessing that the CPU temperature IS the proccessor (Athlon 64 3000+) and the system temperature is maybe just the temperature in the case. With that, I'm also assuming I have the CPU heatsink/fan is on properly and my case fans are not (back fans are blowing in and front fans are exhausting, but I just read online that it's supposed to be the other way around). So before I open up the case again, I just want to get confirmation on where the temperature readings are coming from, any suggestions/comments are welcomed. :grinthumb
TIA

Just to confirm that what you've read online is correct, have fans at the front drawing air in and fans at the back blowing air out.

Okay, I switched the fans around and now after warming it up for a few minutes the BIOS reports that its running at CPU temperature of 28C and system temperature of 48C. So I'm guessing that temperature is alright, considering I'm living in Hawaii? Anyway, what exactly is the system temperature? Is it the temperature of the systemboard chipset?

CPU temp is the temp of your processor, System temp or (Case Temp) is the temp of a sensor placed on the motherboard, basically the inside air temp of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back