TechSpot

Cpu Temp

By MoMo1988
Apr 28, 2007
  1. I have been reading up on applying thermal paste for the past couple days and i think i finally got it right before it was Hot and now Semi-Hot before it was 45-46C Idle and 61-65C Underload with the side panel open and a 8in fan blowing directly onto the mobo/cpu. Now it idles at 40-42C Idle and 57-60C underload without the fan!!. And I am using a silver thermal compound but now arctic silver 5 thinkin bout ordering that stuff though seems much better. what do ya'll think?

2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

you're fine. The more you mess with it, the greater the chance you'll break something.

3. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,573   +9

I agree, unless you've got a good reason to apply AS5 after getting those temps, I reckon you shouldn't mess around with it anymore.

Reasons might be:
    Need to be 1C lower for overclocking.
    Still overheating, computer reboots, etc (in which case, 1 or 2 C probably won't help much)
    I'm experimenting, and looking for the best thermalpaste for my uber comp (in which case, I reckon we can tell you the answer right now)
    I just live to reapply thermalpaste over and over and over again......
    My dog ate my heatsink, and I need to put another one on.

Please add more reasons as you see fit.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.