CPU upgrade for workstation

Buckshot420

Does anyone know what the 775 limitations are on this board? I can't access the CPU support and Im not sure of the 45/65nm support? I want to upgrade just the cpu on an old workstation to give 64bit support for more RAM (which I already have). I'd like to put the E5700 Wolfdale in but again, not sure. If anyone can recommend the top 3-4 processors that I can use it would be mucho appreciated.
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=91

It's not capable of utilizing more than 2GB of RAM, so not sure how you'd potentially need 64-bit to address what it can handle now.

I'd look at upgrading personally, compared with today's technology that motherboard is woefully inadequate and by the looks of things only supports very early LGA 775 processors anyway. You essentially be throwing money at obsolete technology.

Thats what I was assuming I would hear. Any recommendations on a mobo/cpu bundle? Remember though, this is a 3rd "extra" workstation that just needs a minor overhaul. Thanks Leeky!

Its all dependent on how much your willing to spend really. Given its a 3rd computer, it would probably be more worthwhile to just use it as is until something stops working.

Back