CPU Usage 100 percent, no real "reason"

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabee

I've attached my hijack this log as well. I read through these forums before posting, and just can't seem to match my problem with what's happening here. On August 31 (last week) my Acer Aspire 3680 laptop just stopped responding quite as nicely as it always has. I've been using Avast as a virus protection option FOREVER and never had a problem. I am not sure what might have happened, but my CPU usage is ALWAYS at 100 percent. I don't see "system idle process" in the list at all, and when I scan what programs are running in task manager, I'll see explorer tap out at times near 90, but for the most part, all are running at 00 to 10, but nothing higher, even though the CPU Usage still states it is at 100 percent. I have tried to do a system restore, since I routinely create restore points, and noticed that for whatever reason the list only goes back to September 1 (the day after things started slowing down)

I understand this is not a "new" laptop, but I'm concerned that this might be a bug. I have downloaded spybot, adaware and installed registry mechanic, all run with no real issues found....adaware actually found NO files, which I thought was weird, but I could just be lucky. Any help would be appreciated. Anything I can do to make things run faster? To open things like control panel, or any explorer windows is PAINFUL, so I would really like a better path to try before I waste any more time doing things that just aren't working.

Thanks
Wannabee

Attachments

• hijackthis090609.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 10
  • task_mgr_96090.jpg
    task_mgr_96090.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 9
Stop these Services:
Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe

Set this to manual update:
[SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"

Use Windows Update to apply all missing critical Vista updates. Also apply Vista Service Pack 2 and IE8 for better security

My hero

Thank you so much...haven't gotten through all the Vista updates as of yet, but disabled the Java updates and google updaters and happy to report that CPU usage is at 7%....YOU ARE MY HERO

Good work wannabee,
I am learning as we go here too. With all the different computer "infections" around, they do keep us hopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back