CPU Usuage keeps shooting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joawro

When I am using my computer, my CPU Usage just shoots up and I am unable to open almost anything. I have managed to open the task manager and the cpu usage keeps switching between a file called vsmon, explorer, svchost, and such and it's getting annoying. I can provide with more info if you ask.

Vsmon belongs to zonealarm firewall. http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/download.html
go here to download security taskmanager.
Security Task Manager displays detailed information about all running processes (applications, DLL's, BHO's and services). For each Windows process, it improves on Windows Task Manager, providing:

* file name and directory path
* security risk rating
* description
* start time
* CPU usage graph
* embedded hidden functions (e.g. keyboard monitoring, browser supervision or manipulation)
* process type (e.g. visible window, systray program, DLL, IE-plugin, startup service)

The Security Task Manager recognizes also virtual driver software, services, BHO and other processes hidden from the Windows task manager. it's free to download :)

Thanks for the task manager, but it does not solve my problem. I don't think there is any fix to this now :\

Sounds like spyware to me. Try running the following 3 anti-spyware utilities:

• Ad-Aware 2007
  • Spybot Search & Destroy
  • AVG Anti-Spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back