TechSpot

CPU Wont Turn On

By rusty russ
Jul 29, 2006
  1. AMD 3400 lan party msi motherboard,

Ok. I was going to put a fresh copy of windows on a sata drive i already had in the system. It was set as slave so i switched it to master and tried to turn the machine back on. Will not turn backon! I have no safety switches in the chasis. i have checked all connections, tried turning the power on from the motherboard, and checked voltages to the motherboard. If you are familar with the voltgages is all i am gettin are 2 pins at plus 5 volts to the motherboard. Is that correct? this sucks do not want to spend any cash is there something i am missing. Anyones thoughts or comments are very much appriciated.

2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

Lights, fans sounds?

3. rusty russ

rusty russ TS Rookie Topic Starter

Nothing no lights sounds nothing. The 115 is good to the back though i checked that.

4. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

What brand PSU and how many watts?

5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

6. i_am_a_newbie

i_am_a_newbie TS Rookie Posts: 170

?? I thought SATA drives didn't have slave/master settings?

7. rusty russ

rusty russ TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have a 500 watt allied power supply. Update i got the fans to come on but no display on the monitor. Didnt really do anything to the computer the fans just came on after a while.

8. spongbob

spongbob TS Rookie

Re:

What do you have for a graphics card and did you check to see if the harddrive is working.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.