CPU-Z wrong info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichitapavel

Greetings all, I recently finished my first build of a PC, and I have some problems, I have an AMD Athlon II X4 630, motherboard Asus M4A77TD and Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz, the problem is that CPU-Z says that the cpu works and 800 MHz instead of 2800 MHZ, I thing it could be the Cool and Quiet tech from AMD but I;m not sure, the other problem is that CPU-Z says that my DRAM runs at 666.7 MHZ, how can I run this thing at 1600 MHz (the motherboard supports 1600), and the last question: I have intel v-25 ssd for windows and seagate barracuda 500 GB for media, how can I be sure that TRIM is enabled and DEFRAGMENT is off for the ssd?

Anticipated thanks for every help.

Because it's dual channel memory, you will have to double the data rate, meaning your RAM is likely running at 1333. Just go into the bios and change it...you know how to use a BIOS right?

Core Speed should say 2800 Mhz if you stress your CPU while running CPU-z.

I have intel v-25 ssd for windows and seagate barracuda 500 GB for media, how can I be sure that TRIM is enabled and DEFRAGMENT is off for the ssd?
What OS are you running?

Because it's dual channel memory, you will have to double the data rate, meaning your RAM is likely running at 1333. Just go into the bios and change it...you know how to use a BIOS right?

Core Speed should say 2800 Mhz if you stress your CPU while running CPU-z.

What OS are you running?

I'm using Windows 7, so in BIOS I should choose 800 MHZ instead of 1600?

after doing some digging, I found out that scheduled defragment is off for the ssd drive, but this means that TRIM is enabled?

I'm using Windows 7, so in BIOS I should choose 800 MHZ instead of 1600?
No most likely you should pick 1600 like you wanted, CPU-z is just showing data rates before doubling. You might also have to fix up your timings and voltage...your motherboard might already have the proper hardware profiles in, and if so you could just choose one of those.

TRIM is enabled by default in windows 7, but you can check anyway:
http://ssdtechnologyforum.com/archive/index.php/thread-42.html
An easy to follow guide...

No most likely you should pick 1600 like you wanted, CPU-z is just showing data rates before doubling.
TRIM is enabled by default in windows 7, but you can check anyway:
http://ssdtechnologyforum.com/archive/index.php/thread-42.html
An easy to follow guide...

I changed RAM speed in bios and now CPU-Z show 800 MHz and also checked if TRIM is enabled and it is, like always this forum proved that is the best, THANKS A LOT, I own you one(I don't really know how you say it in English, I hope it's ok)!!!

I thing it could be the Cool and Quiet tech from AMD but I;m not sure,

Correct, as AMD Processors use Independent Dynamic Core Technology i.e. dynamically adjusting individual core frequencies as required by utilization needs. Further, it also dynamically activate or turn off parts of the processor to conserve energy.

Correct, as AMD Processors use Independent Dynamic Core Technology i.e. dynamically adjusting individual core frequencies as required by utilization needs. Further, it also dynamically activate or turn off parts of the processor to conserve energy.

I'm happy I got this one correct...and didn't screwed up my first build :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back